Frequently Asked Questions
I sweat a lot. What can the ChukBand™ do for me?
- The ChukBand™ provides unbelievable relief from sweating where other products fail.
- ChukBand™ is NOT a sponge.
- ChukBand™ is NOT a polyester or cotton liner.
- ChukBand™ IS Naurtal elk leather that will wick away sweat and provide all day comfort without becoming soaked.
- When the leather becomes wet with sweat, evaporation will provide a cooling effect to the forehead.
- Field tests have shown that wearing ChukBand™ will help keep your hard hat in place, even when sweating.
- Elk leather has a natural tackiness that will cling to the skin without forming an irritating bond.
- Spend less time adjusting and more time looking good on the job.
- How do I clean & maintain The ChukBand™?
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth daily.
- To minimize odor formation, allow to dry daily by storing in a well-ventilated area.
- We recommend using Chuk Spray - our new all-natural leather cleaner. Keeps your leather smelling fresh and looking new!
Is The ChukBand™ colorfast? Will the color transfer to my skin?
- Like any dyed product, some color may bleed during break in
- Regular cleaning will help minimize this
- Dye may bleed if exposed to alcohol in sweat or products containing alcohol such as hair gel, cologne, sunblock, etc.
What If I have a problem with fit or installing my ChukBand™?
- The ChukBand™ has been designed for maximum compatibility and ease of installation.
- If you are having a hard time installing your ChukBand™, first confirm that you have the correct model by checking out our fit guide
- The natural elk leather that we use to make The ChukBand™ has variations in thickness and hide stiffness, therefore:
- Some additional effort may be required to ply the leather into a proper molded fit. The tighter, the better, to prevent sliding.
- If your ChukBand™ leather is excessively thick or stiff, it may require the leather be pulled into place by slightly stretching the leather into its position around your headgear.
- We recommend that you remove or cut out the existing liner in your headgear for best fit.
- This will also help prevent odor formation
- Still having a fit problem? Contact us for personalized assistance.
I’ve ordered the wrong model and need to return. What do I do?
- Returns will only be accepted if the ChukBand has not been worn.
- RETURN the unused ChukBand to:
- P.O. Box 568 POTEAU OK 74953
- Be sure to include packing slip or a note with your name or order number on it.
- FOR FASTEST SERVICE:
- CONFIRM model needed (We Can Help If Needed)
- PURCHASE the correct model via our website. Your replacement will ship immediately, and you will receive a refund when your original order is received by our workshop.
- CONACT us at email@example.com or call us at 866-319-2088 with questions or if you require special assistance.
What if I have a question not listed?
- We would love to help! Please reach out to us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Toll-Free 866-319-2088